Who We Are Looking For:
Unrivaled is hiring a senior video editor to join our team. You will work directly with our post production heads to lead the video editing process across all types of post production projects – commercial, social, broadcast, – from brief to final delivery. We believe post production is the magic that brings the idea to life. Our video editors are experts in quality, consistency and timeliness.
This is a remote working position, preferably on East Coast Time.
For this role we are considering a contract-to-hire position with the opportunity to progress into a full-time position. Please indicate your preference when reaching out.
- Contact us with a LinkedIn/resume and portfolio/website to apply.
Who We Are
We are hiring a senior video editor who is a collaborator, thinker, doer, and problem solver. We don’t work with assholes or big egos. You must respect people’s time, energy, background and thoughts. Our teams are made of the curious who like to explore and work with clients because of a deeper, personal connection to their business. Our home base is in Baltimore, but we have team members in NYC, Philly, WDC, Miami and throughout the country. Come join us and make work you love.
- You are empathetic — you can see beyond the literal ask or comment to the bigger picture, concern or need and respond with action. You are able to connect deeply with teammates and our partners to bring solutions that work for everyone.
- You are comfortable in a startup environment — fast-paced, highs and lows, you are comfortable with the unknown.
- You are a creative maker, who is process oriented and has a strong point of view with the ability to bring people together to create and inspire innovative solutions.
- You are tenacious — you are relentless in the pursuit to make the best work.
- You accept your humanity — you’re a superstar in your role, but humbly acknowledge when you’re out of your depth, have made a mistake or need a break. You strive for excellence, but stay grounded in where work sits in the big picture of life.
- You have purpose and passion — you are driven by more than just a paycheck or way to spend your time. You have a deep motivation to help make the world a better place.
- Post Production Operations
- Partner with Directors and Head of Production to edit a range of video content including motion graphics
- Turn around edits and outputs with speed and efficiency, and manage complex projects, time and deadlines
- Media management of all video content and organization of Unconquered’s archive.
- Contribute ideas during the post-production process and participate as a collaborative problem-solver
- Creative design ideas around visual and audio work
- Stay up to date on the trends and techniques that continue to shape video and its many formats for distribution
- Collaborate closely and enthusiastically with small teams
- Must be comfortable working on tight deadlines and be able to juggle multiple projects at any given time.
- A video reel that demonstrates both the skill and art of editing as a senior video editor
- Minimum of 5 years of experience creating, editing video in a commercial and/or broadcast environment
- Experience in creating, developing and working with motion graphics, especially original work and templates for serialized assets
- Highly proficient in Mac OS including Premiere Pro, After Effects, and working knowledge of other relevant Adobe CS apps
- Ability to manage sound design, music editing and color correction
- Remote working capabilities for all editing: good upload/download speeds for file sharing
- An eye for structure, storytelling, shot selection and creative decisions
- Must have a proven track record of solid editorial judgment and a digital portfolio that demonstrates innovation, creativity, and sophistication.